Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What's New: 2018  (Read 410 times)

Surprised_by_Witches

• Scribe
  • Wm. Shakespeare
Re: What's New: 2018
« Reply #50 On: February 09, 2018, 06:58:30 PM »
He's scarier to me than any devil.

On a MUCH happier note, little elves have been afoot in our boards. Lynet, I moved you up because we hear from you more often than some other contributors, and stormie and I started a new shared category which we will start to populate soon!

Lynet

• Scribe
  • Wm. Shakespeare
    • L M Beyer, Author
« Reply #51 On: February 10, 2018, 06:00:57 AM »
The boards look wonderful. Thanks. :D

The Shared Umbrella is a great title! I'm really glad that you and Stormie are filling the place with more stories, poems, and other creativity. I was afraid for a while that Wayward Ink was turning into one of those abandoned Victorian house along the interstate, crowded with fascinating but forgotten furnishings, paintings, and ceramic curios all draped in cobwebs.

And I am here a lot. {/ Surprised it's not more than this --> Total time logged in: 48 days, 14 hours and 35 minutes. LOL, couch potato is a good definition of my life style, although the couch is actually a big, overstuffed rocking chair. Way too comfortable.
Be polite, or I may put you in a book and kill you.

Young at heart, old everywhere else.

Not doing things is my new superpower. I知 not doing an infinite number of things as we speak.

Surprised_by_Witches

• Scribe
  • Wm. Shakespeare
« Reply #52 On: February 11, 2018, 05:51:57 PM »
Thank you! We debated the name for a while. We plan to post the first chapter sometime soon.

Wow. You've logged in twice the amount of time I have. I thought I'd be first for sure.  :J

I'm glad we have this site.

Lynet

• Scribe
  • Wm. Shakespeare
    • L M Beyer, Author
« Reply #53 On: February 11, 2018, 06:08:05 PM »
Me, too.  It's an anchor, or sometimes a port in a storm.  :ar:

Not doing things is my new superpower. I知 not doing an infinite number of things as we speak.

Lynet

• Scribe
  • Wm. Shakespeare
    • L M Beyer, Author
« Reply #54 On: February 13, 2018, 08:59:29 AM »
Editing Ironsides...

Lordy, The table of contents has 87 chapters and takes up 3 pages using the standard 6"x 9" paperback format I use on Amazon. Looks ridiculous. The body of the story is only about 210 pages in total, and that includes a fair amount of white space.

The Jovayan Contract, on the other hand, is 100 pages longer than Ironsides and the TOC fits on one page. Not even the whole page.

I need to reduce 87 chapters down. A lot. Aargh! Not so easy as I first thought. It's not like I had big cliffhangers at the end of each chapter. But, they clearly end on the last sentence. There's definite sense of transition. Phooey.

*sigh*

Meanwhile, back in real life, the Trump administration is not yet done with robbing the poorest and most desperate of Americans. First was the tax bill that cut taxes for the billionaires, with a few crumbs tossed out to other 99%. Now he has proposed budget cuts to Medicare, the food and housing assistance programs, and Medicaid. We can only hope that Congress is worried enough about getting reelected to not go along with this.

I honestly believe the Trump administration is the most evil group of people I have seen in my lifetime, and they should be really careful. Hungry people riot. Desperate people riot. Desperate, hungry people set fire to cities.

Surprised_by_Witches

• Scribe
  • Wm. Shakespeare
« Reply #55 On: February 13, 2018, 09:34:57 AM »
Yep. I see several ends for Trump and none are pretty. Impeachment is about the nicest.

Lynet

• Scribe
  • Wm. Shakespeare
    • L M Beyer, Author
« Reply #56 On: February 14, 2018, 10:33:40 AM »
Every morning I hope that Mueller has arrested more people in this administration.

I believe I've read that even if Trump and Congress stop Mueller, that there is more than one state whose attorneys are preparing charges against Trump. New York, at least. They may succeed if Mueller is blocked.

Ah, Hobbes has returned from running errands. Asking for a cup of tea.  ::) I'll be back.

Lynet

• Scribe
  • Wm. Shakespeare
    • L M Beyer, Author
« Reply #57 On: February 14, 2018, 10:56:08 AM »
I'll be back to read Episode 1 of Verona later!!  :)

I stopped in today to verify some things in Ironsides. I'm really eager to get that work finished.

Surprised_by_Witches

• Scribe
  • Wm. Shakespeare
« Reply #58 On: February 14, 2018, 02:53:43 PM »
You go, girl! It's a good story.  :)

Lynet

• Scribe
  • Wm. Shakespeare
    • L M Beyer, Author
« Reply #59 On: February 15, 2018, 10:04:35 AM »
Thank you so much.  :)  I've reduced 87 chapters to 55 by combining quite a few of them. I won't know how clumsy this may be until I've exported it to a .mobi file and read it on my kindle from start to finish.

Meanwhile, I've just read the first episode of Verona. Fantastic! Intriguing pair, Morgan and Kiver. I feel sympathy for them, and am looking forward to hearing more about them. I wonder if you could get this produced as a play. Local theater maybe?

Surprised_by_Witches

• Scribe
  • Wm. Shakespeare
« Reply #60 On: February 15, 2018, 11:49:46 AM »
Oh, maybe! We were thinking it'd get picked up for web tv, LOL. It's way too gay for Network. I'm glad you like it! We have so much story right now. The trick is editing it for other people. We're working on episode 2 right now.

Lynet

• Scribe
  • Wm. Shakespeare
    • L M Beyer, Author
« Reply #61 On: February 17, 2018, 05:14:56 AM »
I hear you're not feeling well, SBW.  :( Hope you can rest today and feel better soon.