Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: calligraphy  (Read 45 times)

stormie

• Scribe
  • Slogan Writer
  • knight of ren
calligraphy
« On: December 31, 2017, 05:15:23 PM »
Author's notes: the star wars: the last jedi visual dictionary gives us "Ben Solo's calligraphy set". I give you this.

calligraphy

she likes the pen tips. the way the flat one glides. the sharp one resists, little scratchy noises. she likes the ink, and how it glistens, and how it gets all over her hands. likes being messy, being incorrect. itís all she has. she scratches her nose on purpose. scratches behind her ear. wherever she can imagine an itch, marking herself, blessing herself with this isnít supposed to go here.

she likes the lines of it. smooth, gliding; dark and smudged. little scratchy ones. hollow bags under sketched eyes. imperfect lettering. dark bruises. stray flecks like freckles. and the paper: something obsolete. pointless. rough. here anyway. because she brought it here. itís not quite rough; itís fuzzy. smooth across it with her fingertips. darken them. ruin the phrase that already wasnít good enough.

draw inky swirls of hair and bodies with soft curves; crumple them up. write phrases that live under her tongue or at the back of her mind: iím not okay. i canít do this. in fear, crumple them up. write on herself instead, long dark body hair breaking the flow. the smooth flat tip. the sharp, sharp tip. stars and birds and crossed out words. the book has techniques, for making the letters even, serifs like ripened fruit. maybe she just needs to do better.

maybe she just needs to do better. sheís beautiful, though, if only for a few moments, smudged with dark dark ink.
heavenly bodies make the devil a little uncomfortable

Lynet

• Scribe
  • Wm. Shakespeare
    • L M Beyer, Author
Re: calligraphy
« Reply #1 On: January 01, 2018, 11:42:12 AM »
Lyrical. Enjoyed reading this.
Be polite, or I may put you in a book and kill you.

Young at heart, old everywhere else.

Not doing things is my new superpower. Iím not doing an infinite number of things as we speak.

Surprised_by_Witches

• Scribe
  • Wm. Shakespeare
« Reply #2 On: January 02, 2018, 02:35:14 PM »
You are such a poet.   :*

Mirelly

• Scribe
  • Booker Prize Winner
    • My Sim Stuff
« Reply #3 On: January 03, 2018, 12:34:27 PM »
Beautiful!  :B
"Physics is like sex. Sure it may give you practical results, but that's not why we do it"
R. Feynman

stormie

• Scribe
  • Slogan Writer
  • knight of ren
« Reply #4 On: January 03, 2018, 05:13:53 PM »
thank all of you so much!!! ^-^
heavenly bodies make the devil a little uncomfortable