Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Castle Grange: A Sims 2 Town  (Read 2577 times)

Surprised_by_Witches

• Scribe
  • Wm. Shakespeare
Re: Castle Grange: A Sims 2 Town
« Reply #125 On: March 30, 2016, 08:16:12 PM »
Timothy, the oldest of Thomas's kids, shares the campus frat with his girlfriend, Brandi Letourneau.

Timothy, talking with random dormie.

Brandi.

That's all of the Harts. Now for the Knights. We've already caught up with Dylan, who is married to Samuel Hart Knight and has two kids.

Parker Knight moved back home with Ryker Knight, her college sweetie and now husband. They have three children: twins Dennis and Julie and younger son Eric, and are expecting one more. Due to time shenanigans, they share their home not only with Caleb and Ashley but with Parker's childhood pets, Hamlet the cat and Bucky the womrat, the oldest womrat in existence. Perhaps he's really a wizard in disguise.

Eric's birthday party. Left to right: Ryker, Julie, Eric (held by Parker), Dennis, Caleb, Emily (who apparently was walking by the house).

Family dinner: starting at the left and moving clockwise, Parker, Julie, Dennis, Ryker, Caleb.

At one point Parker was going to start her own fashion empire. That was before all these kids. The nice thing about moving home with mom and dad is she has a nice home to raise them in.

Julie and Dennis and a different view of the dining room.

As mentioned, Sloane Wrightley lives with her husband, William Hart.

Hayden Wrightley is married to his college boyfriend, Stephan, and they live in a big house with their five children: John, Laura, Caroline, Marianne, and Elizabeth, and two cats named Minerva and Albus. Stephan is a "rock god." Hayden stays home with the kids.

Their home.

Marianne's birthday. That's John, and Hayden is holding the birthday girl.

Hayden holds Caroline while Marianne naps.

Stephan teaches Laura how to study.

Surprised_by_Witches

• Scribe
  • Wm. Shakespeare
« Reply #126 On: March 30, 2016, 08:23:19 PM »
Paris, as mentioned previously, is married to Artie Dosser. They now have five children. In addition to Edith, there's Howard, Josephine, and twins Amelia and Penelope. They don't plan on having more. Tiffany the dog has moved on to dog heaven, and the family now has a Newfie named Boo, from Emily's kennel.

The Dossers also now have a stately home, designed by me.

Interior shot.

Interior shot with Grandpa Mickey.

Josephine just got an A+ in private school. Her parents are prouder than they might appear at the current moment.

What do you do if you have a fancy dining room? Eat in the kitchen standing up, of course. Howard, Artie, Josephine.

And, lest you think I forgot, here are Francis and Guy, who still share the penthouse apartment their kids grew up in.

Lynet

• Scribe
  • Wm. Shakespeare
    • L M Beyer, Author
« Reply #127 On: April 01, 2016, 12:38:25 PM »
Grundstrom is a fantastic name, LOL.

Reading my comments from a year ago, I remembered I still have the notes about the Castle Grange families. There's plenty more names to add, I see.

By the way, my notes reminded me that Matthew and Sarah Hart had 20 children. LOL, I can understand the appeal of taking different last names from the townies.

I love the decorating. Your houses are beautiful and look wonderful to live in.

One of these days I'm gong to try to build the little two-bedroom house my parents bought after the birth of their third child. Hobbes lived in a house almost exactly like it before we got married.

Lots of fun seeing pictures and remembering Sims 2. I'm all nostalgic now for family dinners, bathing kids in the sink or bathtub, car doors opening and closing and cars backing out of the parking spot, and all the many other interactions lost in Sims 3. *sigh*

(...which reminds me, Summer Vickers is still in college. She flirted heavily with Jacob Salaman and got a "naughty" reputation for it. So what the hell, she texted her boyfriend back home that she was breaking up with him and then woohooed Jacob in the dorm shower. ::) )
Be polite, or I may put you in a book and kill you.

Young at heart, old everywhere else.

Not doing things is my new superpower. Iím not doing an infinite number of things as we speak.

Surprised_by_Witches

• Scribe
  • Wm. Shakespeare
« Reply #128 On: April 02, 2016, 09:17:12 PM »
That vixen.  :J

I am playing the game tonight and decided to be brave and invoke Santa Claus. He used my bathroom several times but then walked off the lot peacefully enough. Cole Barthelet got to talk to him, and his family got a stereo for Christmas.

It was kind of fun having him visit my childhood home.  :)

Thanks for all the nice comments! It's a bit harder to decorate in Sims 2, since you can't just recolor stuff, and I don't like that you can't put things on an angle, but thank you. I am pleased by how the homes are all turning out. I tried to furnish Castle Grange in 1950-70s architecture. Upriver (the shopping district) has a bit more of a modern edge to it. Downtown has some stately old buildings among all the apartment complexes.

Lynet

• Scribe
  • Wm. Shakespeare
    • L M Beyer, Author
« Reply #129 On: April 03, 2016, 06:43:00 AM »
What you've done with Castle Grange sounds really neat. :)

Making use of the empty landscapes, creating towns and cities, or alien worlds, was so much fun in Sims 2. With Sims 3 I never did learn how to use that create-a-world software. I didn't have the patience for it, so I'd download what other people had created. ::)

You've reminded me of one set of downloads I had for Sims 2 (and can't remember what they were called) that were little pillars of various heights that you could place (with moveobjects) and then make invisible. These allowed placing objects where you normally could not, like on the tops of refrigerators, or on a bed. I don't believe they allowed turning things on an angle, but I recall using them many times when decorating a house. Now and then I've wished I had the equivalent for Sims 3.

Not doing things is my new superpower. Iím not doing an infinite number of things as we speak.

Surprised_by_Witches

• Scribe
  • Wm. Shakespeare
« Reply #130 On: April 03, 2016, 07:39:35 PM »
Weirdly enough, I just downloaded those today. They're called OMSP, for "one more slot please." They're available at Mod the Sims. Haven't tried them out much yet, but I already had a bunch of modified furniture like fridges where you can set stuff on top so it looks more realistic.

Lynet

• Scribe
  • Wm. Shakespeare
    • L M Beyer, Author
« Reply #131 On: April 04, 2016, 01:14:12 PM »
Yes! Such a funny name, OMSP, for "one more slot please." No wonder I couldn't remember what they were called.

I imagine I made such heavy use of the OMSPs because I was always taking pictures for my Sim stories and wanted lots of details in the rooms to make it more interesting for the pictures.

And you had just downloaded them. We think alike, twin sim gamers. :J