Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Coventry Manor  (Read 1979 times)

Sacharissa

• Scribe
  • Tabloid Hack
  • Wordsmith
Coventry Manor
« On: August 13, 2012, 06:26:39 AM »
Good News!  This stunning home has just come onto the market.  I believe it will suit your needs perfectly!  Let's take a look, shall we?

Coventry Manor is a fine example of Olde English Tudor that has been updated to meet the needs of today's busy Sim.

Notice the gorgeous stonework and the lovely half-timber detailing.  The mullion windows allow plenty of light and afford stunning views.

Let's take a look inside, shall we? Here in the entryway, you will find more of that gorgeous stonework lending a touch of the rustic to an otherwise elegant interior.  The Arts and Crafts transomed archway was added by the previous owner when the home was updated.  It makes a stunning gateway into the Great Room

The Kitchen has had a complete makeover to accommodate the needs of the modern sim family…yet it retains that Olde World charm.   

The kitchen overlooks the Great Room, which was carved out of a series of smaller, separate rooms, to create this lovely, multi-use space. 

The dining area features the original 17th century fireplace.

The sitting area takes advantage of the bay window, making it the perfect place for guests to gather before and after dinner!

And there is even a place for the kids to do their homework while dad cooks supper!

Let's take one last look at the Great Room before we proceed to the the rest of the house, shall we?

Sacharissa

• Scribe
  • Tabloid Hack
  • Wordsmith
Re: Coventry Manor
« Reply #1 On: August 13, 2012, 06:28:16 AM »
Heading back to the entryway, let's take a look at the laundry area…it's the door to the left of the stairs.  Don't worry, the cat doesn't come with the property!

The laundry room is compact, and has its own, rustic charm.  Several windows keep it light and pleasant, even on a cloudy day.

There is space for extra storage for items you don't need every day, but that you don't want to store in the cellar.

The cellar is unfinished but expansive, with plenty of room for a workshop or wine cellar.

Let's head back up to the laundry room, shall we?

And right on up the stairs...

To the upstairs hall…

And let's head towards the Master Bedroom Suite, which I think, you will find is breathtaking!

Sacharissa

• Scribe
  • Tabloid Hack
  • Wordsmith
« Reply #2 On: August 13, 2012, 06:30:05 AM »
Isn't this lovely?  Up here you can see the beautiful beams and fabulous plasterwork.

The sitting area also takes advantage of the stunning bay window…so cosy!

And there's another beautiful fireplace to keep things warm and inviting on this chilly winter nights!

And what Master Suite would be complete without a walk-in closet?

And let's not forget the spectacular Master Bath, featuring mahogany cabinetry with Italian marble counters!

The kids have their own domain up on the third floor, where the attic has been remodeled into a virtual kingdom for kids and pets!

Sacharissa

• Scribe
  • Tabloid Hack
  • Wordsmith
« Reply #3 On: August 13, 2012, 06:30:54 AM »
Let's take a closer look at the floor plans, shall we - starting from the ground up!  The Cellar - basic, but with plenty of room for expansion.

The ground floor includes not only the laundry and fabulous Great Room, but also a compact 3/4 bath room just of the Entryway…Perfect for washing up before dinner, or taking a quick shower when coming in from the garden.

The upper floor features the stunning Master Bedroom Suite - a private retreat for mom and dad!

And the former attic space has been transformed into a terrific combination bedroom/playroom for the kids.  It even features a fabulous balcony, perfect for stargazing or painting or just pretending you're in a tree house!

So there it is…Coventry Manor!  This stunning home could be yours for the right price!  I'd hurry, though.  Homes like this don't last long!

Lynet

• Scribe
  • Wm. Shakespeare
    • L M Beyer, Author
« Reply #4 On: August 13, 2012, 07:16:44 AM »
Is it OK to comment here, Sacha?  I just want to say that not only is this house outstanding, so was the tour.  It must be so much fun to live there. Wish I were a Sim.  :)
Be polite, or I may put you in a book and kill you.

Young at heart, old everywhere else.

Not doing things is my new superpower. I’m not doing an infinite number of things as we speak.

Surprised_by_Witches

• Scribe
  • Wm. Shakespeare
« Reply #5 On: August 13, 2012, 10:18:57 AM »
That is lovely! Someone's been busy.  :)

Are you going to post it for download from our Wiki (once we get that all figured out)? I assume if I don't have all the furniture I can substitute my own.

Sacharissa

• Scribe
  • Tabloid Hack
  • Wordsmith
« Reply #6 On: August 13, 2012, 12:24:08 PM »
Is it OK to comment here, Sacha?  I just want to say that not only is this house outstanding, so was the tour.  It must be so much fun to live there. Wish I were a Sim.  :)

Thanks!  I would like to live there too.  And yes, it is OK to comment!  In fact, I was hoping that people would! Since I haven't been writing, gotta get my creative feedback elsewhere!

Are you going to post it for download from our Wiki (once we get that all figured out)? I assume if I don't have all the furniture I can substitute my own.

Yes, I was planning on sharing it here.  If I can figure it out, I might try to do a "no store items" version. We'll see.  At any rate, there is no other custom content.[/color]

Sacharissa

• Scribe
  • Tabloid Hack
  • Wordsmith
« Reply #7 On: August 13, 2012, 12:30:26 PM »

Thanks!  I would like to live there too.  And yes, it is OK to comment!  In fact, I was hoping that people would! Since I haven't been writing, gotta get my creative feedback elsewhere!

Yes, I was planning on sharing it here.  If I can figure it out, I might try to do a "no store items" version. We'll see.  At any rate, there is no other custom content.

Mirelly

• Scribe
  • Booker Prize Winner
    • My Sim Stuff
« Reply #8 On: August 13, 2012, 03:01:26 PM »
Wow, Sacha ... are you an estate agent (realtor) in real life? LOL

It wasn't just the house that was awesome, your description/narrative was right on the button.

So, erm, scratch that question. property agents' descriptions are never that accurate.  ::)

I wish I could ask for a download, but I see an awful lot of items I do not have. I really must start getting some more EPs.  :eh:
"Physics is like sex. Sure it may give you practical results, but that's not why we do it"
R. Feynman